New Providers & Services at Thayer County Health Services
(Dec. 30, 2020) Thayer County Health Services has announced two new providers have joined the team and TCHS will join forces with a local pharmacy services in a new way.
* Thayer County Health Services is excited to announce that Jan Bock, MSN, FNP, PMHNP, BC, has joined our team as a Behavioral Health Provider. She grew up in rural Pawnee County near Liberty, Nebraska. After finishing high school in Barneston, Nebraska, she started her nursing career as a graduate of Bryan School of Nursing and earned a Master of Science in Nursing from UNMC Omaha in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing. Jan will started providing behavioral health services on November 30, 2020. She comes to TCHS with experience in working with clients across the lifespan from age six to geriatrics in various facilities and clinics over the past thirty plus years. She also has experience working with behavioral diagnoses such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, ADHD, and other brain health diagnoses.
Jan is credentialed to see patients at Thayer County Health Services and provide Brain Health (previously known as behavioral or mental health). The following is a summarized listing of the behavioral services she is offering at Thayer County Health Services:
- discovery of possible DSM5 Brain Health diagnoses
- offers treatments of possible medication initiation and/or continuation of current meds
- talk therapy including brief CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy)
- guided imagery
- monitors efficacy of treatments with follow-up appointments
- pre and post lab evaluations
If you would like more information concerning the Behavioral Health services offered at Thayer County Health Services, call 402-768-7203.
* Thayer County Health Services is excited to announce that Dr. Robert Vande Guchte will see patients at the Specialty Clinic on a monthly basis starting Jan. 8. He specializes in treating disorders and injuries of the spine as well as sports medicine.
Dr. Robert Vande Guchte is originally from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and he earned his medical degree at the University of Alberta. Upon graduation, he completed his orthopaedic residency at the University of Alberta and a fellowship in sports medicine at the University of Calgary Sports Medicine Centre. He also completed a second fellowship in spine surgery at the University of British Columbia Spine Trauma and Disease Center.
As a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon, his practice is primarily focused on treating disorders and injuries of the spine as well as sports medicine. Dr. Vande Guchte’s commitment to spine and sports medicine is represented through being a part of a team of orthopaedic surgeons for the Lincoln Stars hockey team, Lincoln Saltdogs baseball team, and Lincoln Orthopaedic Center’s diverse affiliated teams. His mission is to provide his patients with excellent service with compassionate care. He always strives to provide patients with the same high quality of orthopaedic care that he would offer to a member of his family.
In addition to his extensive medical commitments, he enjoys traveling with his wife, playing golf and ice hockey, and skiing. Dr. Vande Guchte especially enjoys heli-skiing, along with spending time with family and friends. He is a member of the Nebraska Medical Association, Lancaster County Medical Society, Nebraska Orthopaedic Society, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Canadian Academy of Sports Medicine, Canadian Medical Association, Canadian Orthopaedic Association, and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Thayer County Health Services hopes you will join them in welcoming Dr. Vande Guchte. For more information please call the Thayer County Health Services Specialty Clinic at 402-768-4696.
* Thayer County Health Services and Priefert Pharmacy have begun a new chapter in providing healthcare excellence to the residents and visitors of Thayer County. The business name will transition to Thayer County Pharmacy and operate in the existing Priefert Pharmacy location at 428 Lincoln Avenue. TCHS is committed to ensuring the transition occurs with minimal interruptions. Pharmacy hours will remain the same from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm weekdays and 8:30 am to 1:00 pm Saturdays. Closed on Sunday.
The current Priefert Pharmacy staff will continue to provide the same level of high-quality care while being welcomed as new employees of Thayer County Health Services. TCHS would like to recognize Jack Priefert and his staff for their dedication and hard work over the years. Priefert Pharmacy, a downtown Hebron business since 1992, has been a fundamental asset to the community in providing expert pharmacy care with kindness and respect for all who walk through their doors. TCHS and now Thayer County Pharmacy will continue to provide comprehensive healthcare and wellness close to home for years to come.
For more information about Thayer County Pharmacy please call (402)768-6041.